Mumbai Sightseeing Tour
Destinations : Mumbai city (The Metro City of India)
Mumbai which is formerly known as Bombay, is India's economic city and capital of Maharastra state Located on West India, India's western coastline, also famous in India as The Kokan coastline.
Full day Mumbai city sightseeing is long and I its takes full 1 day to 2 full days. Full day Mumbai sightseeing’s includes
The city area of Mumbai
For 08 hours Mumbai Suburban Sightseeing Points. Tour 1
You need on full day (08 hours, from 09am to 5pm) to visit Mumbai city Sightseeing Points. Here are the serial wise main points
- Morning at 08:45 hrs - The Getaway of India to take the catamaran for Elephanta Caves, Boat leaves at 0900 hrs. Enjoy a one-hour boat ride across Mumbai Harbor brings you to the lovely, green Elephanta Island. Return back to the pier at 1300 hrs.
- Afternoon at 13:30 hrs proceed for a Half-Day Sightseeing Tour of Mumbai city. Visit the British-built arch called the Getaway of India
- The Prince of Wales Museum - which was built between 1904 and 1914 and was used as a hospital during World War I. The huge structure can be spotted from a distance as sunshine sparkles on its massive marble dome. The museum houses a priceless collection of art that is considered to be one of the best in all India. It includes a rich display of miniature paintings, ancient sculptures, jade, china and much more.
- University of Bombay - Drive past
- High Court of Bombay - Drive past
- Crawford Market – if time permit then visit.
- The Hanging Gardens - located on the crest of Malabar Hill
- Next you will drive through the residential area of Mumbai’s rich and famous on Malabar Hill.
- Visit the renowned city laundry called ‘Dhobi Ghat’
- The Gandhi Memorial Museum
- Jain Temple.
For 08 hours Mumbai Suburban Sightseeing Points. Tour 2
- Getaway of India
- Assembly Hall - View from outside only.
- Secreatariat - View from outside only.
- Nariman Point - View from outside only.
- Marine Drive - View from outside only.
- Hanging Garden
- Kamla Nehru Park
- Mahalaxmi Temple
- Mani Bhavan
- Chowpatty Beach - View from outside only.
- Taraporwalla Aquarium
- World Trade Centre
- Jehangir Art Gallery
- Prince of Wales Museum
- Haji Ali - View from outside only.
- Bandra - Worli Sea Link
- Race Course - View from outside only.
- Nehru Planetorium
For 04 hours Mumbai Suburban Sightseeing Points. Tour 3
You do no have full day 08 hours the you also can have half-day Mumbai city sightseeing and see various sightseeing points. Here are the serial wise main points
- Shivaji Park - View from outside only.
- Aarey Milk colony
- Mini Kashmir
- Film City - View from outside only.
- Nehru Science Centre
- Hare Rama Hare Krishna Temple (ISKON)
- Juhu Beach
Elephanta Caves – this is 10 km (6.2 mi) far from Mumbai coastline from The Getaway of India Mumbai Harbour, it’s an island in Arabian Sea. A typical (not Luxury) common boat / the catamaran runs between Apollo Bunder (The Getaway of India Mumbai Harbour ) and Elephanta Island.
Earlier this island was called ‘Gharapuri’ and was a Hindu place of worship until Portuguese rule began in 1534. The Portuguese called the island ‘Elephanta’ on seeing its huge gigantic statue of an Elephant head at the entrance. That Statue is now in famous Museum ‘The Prince of Wales Museum’ in Mumbai. This is one of the best monuments of Buddhism and Hindus Religions Gods. Here are complex of sculpted caves which consists of two groups of caves—the 1st is a group of 5 Hindu’s cave’s - The Hindu caves contain rock cut stone sculptures, representing The Lord Shaiva Hindu. And the 2nd is a smaller group of 2 Buddhist’s cave’s.
The rock cut architecture has been dated to between the 5th and 8th centuries, although the identity of the original builders is still unknown and search is still on. The caves are made from solid single rock. All the caves were also originally painted , but presently only outline remain.
This cave was renovated in the 1970’s after years of neglect, and was designated under ‘UNESCO’ - The World Heritage Site in 1987 to preserve the artwork. It is currently maintained by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI)
Here we are showing you the layout of the Elepthanta Cave Lay-out of Temples and caves with caves Numbers.
The Main Hall
1. Ravana lifting Kailash
2. Shiva-Parvati on Kailash
6. Wedding of Shiva
7. Shiva slaying Andhaka
East Wing Shrine
West Wing Shrine
Water Kingdom & Essel World
Pan India Paryatan Pvt. Ltd. (PIPPL) is the company holding EsselWorld – India’s Largest Amusement & Theme Park and Water Kingdom – Asia’s Largest Theme Water Park. The exciting new scenario of a complete leisure destination. A sprawling complex on the coastal Gorai village in northwest Mumbai, “The Island of Fun” is sprawled over 64 acres and is a refreshing getaway to a whole new world of excitement and fun. The second phase in the expansion plans for PIPPL, Water Kingdom makes this twin park complex a complete destination by itself. It’s never-before seen attractions set amidst unique architecture with international standard amenities and hygiene; catapult Water Kingdom into a different league. It is the only, truly international water park experience in India.
For the socially active, gregarious, more outgoing and open to newer forms of entertainment, EsselWorld and Water Kingdom offers an opportunity to mix adventure with pleasure. 64 acres of fresh air, 30,000 specimens in botanical garden, 79 racy rides and zippy slides, these twin amusement parks attracts up to 1.8 million visitors each year, of which a sizable number (3, 00,000) are students. With more than 600 schools visiting the park, the complex attracts visitors from both within and outside Mumbai (35% from towns and cities outside the Mumbai metropolis).
Guest went to Gorai jetty and took a ferry from there to reach this place, about 1.5 hours from Mumbai. The ferry ride takes around 20 mins. Take the road so you can park your car just outside the park. Once there are buses which take you to the main place. The place is very well maintained and there are lots of Water slides, games for all ages. The Wavepool which is at the center of this place. Lots of restaurants are also inside the place and you can easily grab a bite when required, its Good eating places. Swimsuits are compulsory and guest can also buy / hire the same from the site. Adult and kids can enjoy the day spent here. The lockers and showers are at the beginning and could have been better designed. Water kingdom is really a very good place for one day picnic and for relaxing. This is a family place where all member of the family can enjoy. Entry fees are around 450 to 550 per person excluding food. Guest need one full day of your in Mumbai.
Park Timings : Weekdays: 11 AM – 6 PM
Weekends: 10 AM – 7 PM
Season time: 10 AM – 8 PM
(Park timings and events are subject to change)
Monument entrances applicable in Mumbai for foreign national as below:
Per Person Rs. 130/- for Common Boat Ride charges to & from the Elephanta Island
Per Person Rs. 265/- for entrance to the Elephanta Island
Per Person Rs. 300/- for entrance to the Prince of Whales Museum
Per Person Rs. 10/- for entrance to the Mani Bhawan
More West India Easy Getaway Tours
|Mumbai Sightseeing Tour||Aurangabad Caves Tour||Diu Beach Tour|
|Gir National Park Tour||Goa Beach Tour||Pune Sightseeing Tour|
|Shirdi Sai Baba Tour|
MOST SELLING INDIATOUR PACKAGES
TOP INDIA TRAVELDESTINATIONS
(Mike Cruston, UK )